May 26, 2012

This is Africa :)

Here in Webuye, Kenya. It's about 10:30pm and going with only 1 real shower of the 8 days we have been here. But let me tell you this has been the greatest trip of my entire life. Despite no running water (which means no showers) and up to now 50 mosiquito bites, it has still been the best trip ever. When those types of things happen we like to use the saying "TIA baby" (this is africa). I am completely in love with this place. I have had the opportunities to speak in 2 schools. One school had 380 kids-we went from classroom to classroom which was nice to speak to smaller groups at a time. (because my voice is almost completely gone.) The second school we got to speak at has 1800 students. It was insane. We only spoke to 2 classrooms but then got to the school yard and all the children were outside and wanted to shake our hands and touch our hair (they are very fascinated by white people hair.) Learning lots of Swahili. Got offered a teaching job at the 1st school..you never know I might be a teacher;) Whatever the Lord wants I will follow. We had a great night of "VBS"...dancing and singing..and introducing them to Glow sticks! They LOVED them. We have done so many things but this is just a VERY VERY VERY brief update because of the lack of internet it is difficult to give more updates. I will update more when I return. One thing I am realizing is that we take EVERYTHING for granted. We have SO much! But yet we complain. These people live in mud huts and have no food, no jobs,no shoes, no beds, one outfit, and the list goes on. So remember this today and remember that you are blessed and if the Lord brings to your mind the country of Kenya please pray for these people not because they are poor but because they are sick and also because they need the Lord. Please pray that I will be able to share the love of Jesus with these precious children who have stories I have ever only read about. Thank you for all your support!

I will update more later:)

2 comments:

  1. so excited to hear more when you get home...you are just "priming the pump" of storytelling time with Katlyn in just over a week. Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful update--I can picture so much of what you are doing! Keep up the hard work! We are so very proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete