September 13, 2014

Truth is.

Truth is...I am heading back to Kenya in 107 days. 
Truth is...GOD is in control.
Truth is...I can do nothing without HIM.  
Truth is .... I began to worry. I began to think that I was not worthy of this calling. Truth is I am NOT worthy of this calling. I became overwhelmed by all the "what ifs" or the "I can't do that" thoughts. I needed to turn to the word because the Bible is truth. I turned to 2 Thessalonians 2:11b-12 it says:
"That our GOD may count you worthy of HIS calling, and that by HIS power HE may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you and you in HIM according the the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ." 
Truth is CHRIST counts me worthy. I realized that I was being completely selfish. All I was thinking about is me, me, me. Truth is everything I do is because Christ made me worthy to do HIS work. HE chose me to be HIS child. Truth is none of it is by my power. Truth is it is all because of CHRIST. CHRIST has made me a child of God! CHRIST has died for me! CHRIST is worthy of my life! I cannot do anything without the power of Jesus Christ in my life. Truth is I can serve Him. 

Truth is...I'm a sinner saved by grace and I am nothing without CHRIST.

No comments:

Post a Comment