June 7, 2011

Day One!

Well I am finally here. This is like a dream come true! I have learned SO much already its amazing to see how much you can learn in just a few days. I have now been here for one full day and I really think its going to be great. At first I wasnt sure exactly how things were going to work out and what exactly was going to happen but now I know that NO MATTER what I am going to learn so much! The babies are great! They immediately just come to you and want to be loved! Which of course I love so much because I love to just hold and take care of babies! Tonight we are going to go out with some of the other volunteers we have met and get to know them! I am really excited and just so ready to work! I have my schedule which its like a three days on two days off type of thing. So I will be off on Thursday and Friday. The days that I am on  I will be working 7am- 6pm. Today is training day:) So I will be going back to the baby house in just a little while to be trained and love on the babies! Melissa and I went grocery shopping yesterday. Well let me just say it was not that best thing to do since we were both in such a daze and basically slap happy because we were SO jet lagged. But it was fun and got to know our way around a little bit. Then we got back to the house and this dog like came out of nowhere barking and looking like it was going to attack us so we both screamed and ran inside. haha Thats just one of the funny things that have happened so far. Some exciting news is that we will be getting a new baby at our baby house today. She is "graduating" from the baby house which is downtown. Mom and Dad, you will be happy to know that even though where I am not in the safest place. The downtown house is even more unsafe:) SO dont worry. One prayer request is that a baby was kidnapped over the weekend at the downtown baby house. They have the police looking for her so if you could just pray that they will be able to find a lead quickly and that there was no harm to the baby. Lastly, while I was reading in my devos I came across the verse Joshua 1:9,  "Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid: do not be discouraged, for God is with you wherever you go." This really reassured me of so many doubts I was beginning to have. God really has given me a GREAT peace that is so comforting to feel.  Sorry that this blog is ALL over the place but hopefully my next  blog will be more understandable and not so scattered! I want to thank you again for yours prayers. This is definitely going to be stretching but so GREAT! If you have any questions or things you want to know just facebook me or comment on the blog and I will try to answer:) love you all :)

1 comment:

  1. Katyln, It was great to hear how God is already at work. You were made for that kind of work.....For such is the Kingdom of Heaven! PF

    ReplyDelete