June 29, 2011

This Chapter is Coming to a Close...

This chapter is coming to a close. I can NOT believe that I am leaving in just 4 short days. I have learned SO much here and absolutely fell in love with the babies. God has shown me amazing things and I am so excited to tell all of you. The picture below is of Shadrack...such a cool picture because he is looking at the door of hope pamphlet and if you look closely it says: "In Johannesburg alone at least one baby is abandoned every day"

Well after working five days straight, I am worn out. You never realize how much work it is until you do it non- stop. I am now an expert at: changing nappies (diapers), changing their outfits, feeding them their bottles, washing dishes, and basically anything a mom would do times thirteen. We now have twelve babies because one of our babies was adopted. However, three total of our babies were adopted yesterday. One was from big babies. (the section I work in) One was from Starfish. (Special needs) And one was from Baby House 2. It was a bittersweet day because we love those babies and are going to miss them but we know that they are finally getting a home where they will be loved and cherished everyday! It was so cool to be able to see Luke off. We prayed and he was just smiling and smiling. He is about 10 months old and is going to be a ray of sunshine for his new family. We have a couple more babies being adopted on Friday.  This is also very bittersweet. God is going to protect every single one of those babies and we are SO excited to see him at work. 


I love the aunties! We have had some GREAT times with them and the stories could never end. They are so much fun and I know I will miss them a lot! We have had some crazy photo shoots and heard some pretty intense stuff but to be honest I have a learned a lot from them. Here is just two of the aunties that I have grown to love!

I had my first day off yesterday and we went to the market. What an experience:) It was so fun! I just love everything about South Africa. However, I know that God is calling me to missions but I am not sure it is to South Africa. I will hopefully be able to explain more when I am home! I am having a great time and seriously learning so much! Melissa and I started reading a little section of radical last night and just really made me think! It made me realize that God is SO powerful and so many times we diminish that in the Christian life. Honestly, I could go on and on about everything that God has done and shown me here but I will save that for when I am home.

So for my last blog from South Africa! I really am thankful to all of you that made it possible to come and I know that God’s hand was in this whole trip! Please pray for my trip home on Sunday night and that I won’t get lost in the airport! Haha But I will see you all when I’m home and hope to tell you all the amazing things I have learned!

Much love all the way from South Africa for the last time here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment